Thread: Oil pump

Red face Oil pump

found this on EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

...just wondered what everyone thought to the price an fitment.. for my Evo1 4g63 Rebuild... or has anyone managed to track down a new oil pump for reasonable money??...i phoned mitsi up an they want 242.41!!! they said that they have changed suppliers and they used to cost 59! ???

Super Moderator Halfarsed_Halfyard's Avatar

Default oil pump

i've read many people only recommend OEM oil pumps. that said, i bought one that wasn't (or at least it wasn't advertised as such) and its been ok in the 2000 miles i've done since the rebuild. it cost more than 60 bucks though.

try Soldave on here for an original mitsi oil pump. Mayhem's just bought one from him. not sure what they sell for in Japan, about 160 iirc (plus postage obviously)

I know the attraction of cheap parts is strong but if your 60 dollar oil pump fails and wrecks a 3k engine, i know i'd be kicking myself over not spending another 100 notes on an genuine pump.
    Last edited by Halfarsed_Halfyard; 22-10-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    466 at the wheels.... thats nearly enough......

Camskill charge 225

you could always see if there's a Blueprint copy available from your local parts shop
    ......same 4g63 was also fitted to Hyundai Sonata circa 1993-5
    n.b. the pump isn't turbo specific

I never buy oem parts from Mitsubishi direct
    ....none of the pattern parts I've fitted/had fitted have ever failed

Quote Originally Posted by Halfarsed_Halfyard View Post

I know the attraction of cheap parts is strong but if your 60 dollar oil pump fails and wrecks a 3k engine, i know i'd be kicking myself over not spending another 100 notes on an genuine pump.

i know what your saying fella thats why i thought see what other peeps opionions are before i delve in to the cheap/bay lol tbh id rather buy OE so all your thoughts are welcome peeps

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8 View Post
    Camskill charge 225

you could always see if there's a Blueprint copy available from your local parts shop
    ......same 4g63 was also fitted to Hyundai Sonata circa 1993-5
    n.b. the pump isn't turbo specific

I never buy oem parts from Mitsubishi direct
    ....none of the pattern parts I've fitted/had fitted have ever failed
    would there be a difference between a NA engine oil pump and a turbo engine oil pump

Fully Paid Member tkrperformance's Avatar

^the 4g63 na and turbo oil pumps are the same.

if your front case is still good just buy the oil pump gears and pump cover. get the 1990 dsm gears they are straight cut gears and a 7bolt pump cover if you want to go oem.

I run aftermarket ones. I have never had one go out on me at all on any of the engines I have built for my self or any one else that has me build them.
    1995 Evolution III
    The other cars
    98 awd eclipse spyder,01 mirage sedan,51 mercury m-1 truck

Quote Originally Posted by tkrperformance View Post
    ^the 4g63 na and turbo oil pumps are the same.

if your front case is still good just buy the oil pump gears and pump cover. get the 1990 dsm gears they are straight cut gears and a 7bolt pump cover if you want to go oem.

I run aftermarket ones. I have never had one go out on me at all on any of the engines I have built for my self or any one else that has me build them.
    i was being sarcastic mate , i am a fluid power engineer by trade so i know a little about fluid dynamics

interesting about the straight cut point , all evo pumps i have stripped are straight cut are you saying that later dsm 7 bolts are not straight cut